Master of Theology: 'Biblical Theology and Hermeneutics'
For full course details download our pdf.
For Whom is this Program Designed?
For ministers/pastors and graduated theological students who want to improve their insights and skills in Biblical interpretation for their ministry, and for possible future doctoral studies in Old or New Testament
What are the Admission Requirements?
- A four year Bachelor of Theology degree or an equivalent like a three year BA with honours
- The degree must be obtained from Justo Mwale Theological University College or from an institution recognised by the University of the Free State or from an institution that is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Theological Education in Africa (ACTEA)
- Due to the content of the program application requires the equivalent of a year in both biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek
Where and When is the Program Offered?
- The next intake is in the first half of 2015. The most recent intake began studies in January of 2013.
- It is a two year semi-residential program, consisting of four modules of six months (one semester) each.
- Each of the first three modules has a total of four weeks of contact sessions (a week at a time).
- Contact sessions takes place on the campus of Justo Mwale Theological University College.
- Students are entitled to the use of the library.
Which Subjects are Covered?
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Old Testament Studies
- New Testament Studies
- In the last six months students have to write a comprehensive mini-dissertation
What are the Costs?
K 17,500.00 per year, which includes
- registration and tuition fees
- travel expenses to and from the University College
- study permits for students from outside Zambia
- full accommodation at the Booth Centre during the weeks of contact sessions
Scholarships are available from Justo Mwale University College for all students of participating churches
How to Apply
For further information on fees, etc and to apply, email the Registrar –